Path of Life
‘Adopting the love principle, growing, answering to the purpose of creation.’
What is meaningful
- Living and working with motivation, in awareness of inner truth, mind, feeling and compassion; creativity and flexibility; sense of humor.
What gave and gives shape and color to my life
- My international education in Holland, England and Switzerland
- My education as an architect in Switzerland
- My career as an urban designer and teacher
- My daughter and grandchildren
- My twisted life path with it’s obstacles and outlooks
- Self reflection
- Search for inner balance and peace
- Life acceptance and joy of being
What is inspiring
- Love, friendship, fellowship
- Honesty and courage
- Light and space
- Color and music
- Dancing the Argentine tango
- Meeting refugees
- Traveling and discovering foreign cultures
Who were and still are important
- Elly Nanninga (†), dear friend and psychologist. She motivated me to continue painting.
- Peter Schenk (†) en Ursula de Boer, past teachers at ‘van Gogh Atelier Amsterdam’.
- Serob Darbinian, teaching classical techniques and specialized in portrait painting.
- Studying painting at ‘van Gogh Atelier Amsterdam ’and at ‘Vrije Academie Nunspeet’.
- Studying Ceramics with Susan Öhler/ Amsterdam, and at ‘Vrije Academie Nunspeet'.
- (Inter)-National workshops, mainly in landscape painting, in Amsterdam/NL, Zwolle/NL, the Isle of Terschelling/NL, France, Belgium, Ireland and Greece.
- Exhibitions in Holland: Meppel; Restaurant Vliegerhuys / Zwolle; Sophia Hospital / Zwolle; Dominican Church Zwolle; Veenhuizen; Hattem; Hotel Wientjes / Zwolle; Main Post Police / Groningen.
- And especially you!